Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Magic Box

Hi, everyone.

It's spring!! I was soooo looking forward to this spring even though last winter was so mild. Because I missed all greens.
Now, I can see cherry blossom in my bed room on 2nd floor, and yellow flowers through my kitchen window on 1st floor. How happy I am! :D

Today I made a "Magic Box".
What's the magic box? Can you guess?






 Here are all you need.
6 outside fabrics, 6 inside fabrics, 6 cotton batting, button, and ribbon.



1. Prepare 6 pieces for each of outside, inside, and batting. (Totally 18 pieces.)
2. Sew 6 squares like tea coasters.
3. Connect 4 side pieces and 1 bottom piece to make a box by stitching from outsides. (I used colored thread)
4. Sew the 2 loops to cover piece for opening and button.
5. Connect cover piece to body. (only one edge to open)

Sorry for poor explanation.
You'll get things done like this picture.
Looks ordinary box. Now, what would you want to use this for?



I will keep my period pads in this box.
That's why I name it "Magic Box". Every month women are magicked by period.

As you see, I made about one inch crack in bottom to take pads out through it.


Also, I can open the cover by loop.


I didn't buy this beautiful ribbon. It is from Anthropologie shopping bag. (Clothing store)


Isn't it cool? Since I've started sewing, I just can't throw away shopping bags and so on.


Let's sew whatever it is.
Feel Sew Good.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Stacey.

2 comments:

  1. Very clever! I also love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela, I bought fabrics at Joann with sale price. :)

    ReplyDelete